Youth Rec Activities Director
Part-Time with a max of 40 hours per month
(not benefits qualified)
Salary Range: $14.00 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
Please submit your application to:
The City of Madison, 211 S. Lincoln Street PO Box 527, Madison, NE 68748
To plan, organize and coordinate youth recreation activities EXCLUDING summer softball/ baseball programs. This position requires supervisory, organization and planning skills. The position involves a varied hourly schedule including weekend duties dependent on activity. Additional duties may be requested as necessary. Employee will work under direct supervision of the Park Board, along with indirect supervision by Mayor and City Council.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Plans, organizes, and supervises youth rec activities.
- Assists in recruiting, training and coordinating the work of volunteers.
- Provide applicable training to volunteers.
- Responsible for answering all complaints, that pertains to the activities in a prompt and professional manner.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information.
- Represents the department within the City, other agencies, civic groups and the public.
- Maintains documentation of activities and provide documentation to park board for accountability, if requested.
Additional Duties for Recreation Coordinator in Youth and Adult activities:
- Monitors and inspects facilities for safety and security.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare related reports.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of others.
- Provide detailed and timely feedback to staff.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
POSSESSION AND MAINTENANCE OF:
- A valid Nebraska driver's license
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications or obtain within 30 days after being hired.
The vision of this position is to have activities for Madison’s youth all year long & not just in the summer. Examples of the activities are: Muffins for Mom’s/Donut’s for Dad’s events, basketball shoot around, organized holiday events (Monster Mash Halloween party), soccer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer