The City of Madison is always looking for volunteers to help improve our City. Volunteering is fun, invigorating, and self-fulfilling. Come meet new friends, get work experience, put a group together or volunteer on your own. Volunteering can be done full-time or whenever you are available as programs are offered throughout the year. There are so many options to make our community better.
Print and fill out our Volunteer Waiver Form below or pick it up at the City Office at 211 South Lincoln Street. You can mail (PO BOX 527) it back or simply drop it off at the office.
Appointed positions available: If you'd like to help your community and serve on a board please contact the City Office at (402) 454-3412. Possible openings on Park Board, Library Board, Countryside Home Board, Housing Authority (in-active at the moment but are looking for board members), and Community Redevelopment Authority.
Park Board Volunteer Opportunities
- Park Board Member: Apply for this volunteer position. See Recreation Page for more information.
- Spring, Summer, Fall no matter the season, Coaches & Assistant Coaches are needed for softball, baseball, soccer, and basketball.
- Special Events: Muffins for Moms, Donuts with Dad, Camps, Family Movie Nights, Dances, and Fundraisers.
Madison County Historical Society Museum
Volunteers of all ages are welcome to assist with informative and exciting activities.
- Work behind the scenes available with the historic records displays.
- There are fun and educational events scheduled throughout the year showcasing Madison's past, present, or future.
If interested please contact Carol Robertson at (402) 992-1221.
- Northeast Nebraska Model Railroad Association is always on the lookout for folks to help maintain and expand their display of "H-0" scale trains.
- Meetings held Tuesday evening at 7:00pm at the West Museum building on 3rd and Kent Street. Call ahead if you'd like to attend (402) 992-1221. Stop by and see what they are working on. You will not be disappointed!
If interested please contact Don Knapp (402) 454-2654 with questions, or if you'd want to participate.
Madison Community Club
The Madison Community Club is always looking for a "few good men", to volunteer for a variety of public service activities and fundraisers. Volunteers are always welcome for the following events:
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Kiddie Tractor Pull at the Madison County Fair
Event proceeds are donated to several local and worthy causes. If interested in helping out a great cause and having fun while doing it, contact President Jesse Steukrath (402) 750-1257 or Treasurer Rob Pfeifer (402) 920-0852 for more information.
Madison Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department
- Madison Fire and Rescue occasionally has openings for Firefighters and EMT's.
- Certification and training required for the positions.
If interested please contact Fire Chief Tim Reeves at (402) 992-2508 for more information and to inquire on any available positions.