Call Us Today! (402) 454-3412

Progress Pride Possibilities

Frequently Asked Questions


What are the hours, phone number and fax of the City office?

  • Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • City office (402) 454-3412 or (402) 454-2675
  • City Fax (402) 454-2262

When are the City Council Meetings?

  • Regular meetings of the Mayor and City Council shall be held on the second Wednesday of each month, all regular meetings will commence at the hour of 5:30 P.M.


What are the office hours and phone number for the Utilities department?

  • Utility Office (402) 454-2625
  • Office Hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

What utilities does the City provide and bill for?

  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Electricity

What internet providers are in the area?

  • Frontier Communications
  • Cable One
  • Stealth Broadband
  • Rise Broadband

What cable providers are in the area?

  • Cable One
  • Dish Network
  • Direct TV

What phone services are in the area (landlines)?

  • Frontier Communications

What does it cost to get utilities in my name?

  • Deposits vary between $100 and $300, you must come into the office for the paperwork and correct deposit amount.

What do I do if the Sewer Back-up?

  • Call the City office first before a plumber (402) 454-3412

When is my utility bill due?

  • Bills are sent out on the first of every month. Payments are due by the 10th of the month, delinquent if not paid by the 15th. Second notices (disconnect notice) are sent on the first business day following the 15th of that month. Please see our City calendar for exact dates and utility bill due for each month.

How can I pay my utility bill?

  • Payments may be brought to the City office during working hours, mailed or dropped off in the drop box at the City Office. 


When do I need a building permit?

  • All new construction, addition to or altering the interior or exterior structure of an existing building or an existing building requires a Building Permit. Permit applications are available at the City Office.
  • See Projects


Where can I register to vote?

  • Madison County Clerk’s Office  

1313 N. Main St.
Madison, NE 68748
402-454-3311 ext. 7
Hours: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm

Where is the DMV?

  • Madison County Court House

1313 N. Main St.
Madison, NE 68748
402-454-3311 ext. 9
Hours: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm


Does my dog require a tag or license?

Any person with a dog or cat over the age of six months within the City shall, within 30 days after acquisition of the said dog and thereafter annually by or before May 1 each year, file with the city office a current rabies certificate showing that the dog or cat has had a rabies shot effective for the ensuing year and maintain a current tag of the rabies shot information on the dog or cat. The owner shall state at the time the certificate is presented, upon a printed form provided for such purpose, his or her name and address and the name, breed, color and sex of each dog or cat owned and kept by him or her. Fees: $5.00 for spayed, neutered or male and $6.00 for female.


Madison has the following services:

  • Food Pantry
  • Laundromat

Where is the Compost Site located?

  • Located on South Highway 81

Does the City take recyclables?

  • Yes: aluminum cans, paper, glass, plastic


City Office (402) 454-3412
Non-Emergency (402) 454-3333
Power Outages (402) 454-3333 (After hours)
Madison County Courthouse (402) 454-3311
Emergency 911