Volunteers are always needed and are encouraged to inquire about different opportunities to serve on possible openings for Park Board, Library Board, Countryside Home Board, Housing Authority and Community Redevelopment Authority. For more information contact the Madison City Office at (402) 454-3412.
- Make a difference in your community–Volunteer! The City of Madison is looking for Baseball and Softball VOLUNTEERS for the 2017 Season. If you are interested Volunteer Applications will be available at the City Office located at 211 S. Lincoln, Madison, Nebraska. If you have any questions contact Alexandra Abarca at the City of Madison office at (402) 454-3412.
- The 42-member Madison Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department occasionally has openings for Firefighters and EMT’s. Certain levels of training are required for these positions. Call Chief John Bomar at (402) 992-1560 to learn more about this opportunity.
- The Madison Community Club is always looking for a “few good men” or women to volunteer for a variety of public service activities and fundraisers. Help is needed for the annual events, such as; a family-oriented activity day and street dance, Easter Egg Hunt, Kiddie Tractor Pull and preparing the barbeque meal for the Madison County Fair. With event proceeds, the Community Club donates to several local, worthy causes. If you would like information about helping out a great cause and having fun while doing it, contact President Rob Pfeifer at (402) 920-0852.
- Spring, summer and fall bring lots of opportunity for community service. Youth softball, baseball, football and soccer coaches and assistant coaches are needed to provide recreation and a learning experience to kids of all ages. No prior experience is required. Just bring your enthusiasm! Call City Hall at (402) 454-3412 to indicate your interest.
- The Madison County Historical Society/Museum welcomes volunteers of all ages to assist with many informative and exciting activities. Or, maybe you would like to work “behind the scenes” with displays or historic records? Fun and educational events are scheduled throughout the year, so if you are interested in showcasing Madison’s past, present (or future), do not hesitate to call Carol Robertson at (402) 992-1221. She will find something of interest to keep you busy and happy!
- All Aboard!! If you like to play with trains, the Northeast Nebraska Model Railroad Association is always on the lookout for folks to help maintain and expand their display of “H-O” scale trains. The working group meets every Tuesday evening at the west museum building on 3rd and Kent Street. Stop by and see what they are working on. You will not be disappointed! Please call Don Knapp at (402) 454-2654 with questions, or to let him know you want to participate.